Meaning of FOOTING in English
noun relative condition; state.
2. footing ·noun a narrow cotton lace, without figures.
3. footing ·noun tread; step; especially, measured tread.
4. footing ·p.pr. & ·vb.n. of foot.
5. footing ·noun the finer refuse part of whale blubber, not wholly deprived of oil.
6. footing ·noun the thickened or sloping portion of a wall, or of an embankment at its foot.
7. footing ·noun ground for the foot; place for the foot to rest on; firm foundation to stand on.
8. footing ·noun the act of adding up a column of figures; the amount or sum total of such a column.
9. footing ·noun standing; position; established place; basis for operation; permanent settlement; foothold.
10. footing ·noun the act of putting a foot to anything; also, that which is added as a foot; as, the footing of a stocking.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012