adj part; side; behalf.
2. half ·vt to halve. ·see halve.
3. half ·adj consisting of a moiety, or half; as, a half bushel; a half hour; a half dollar; a half view.
4. half ·adj consisting of some indefinite portion resembling a half; approximately a half, whether more or less; partial; imperfect; as, a half dream; half knowledge.
5. half ·adj one of two equal parts into which anything may be divided, or considered as divided;
sometimes followed by of; as, a half of an apple.
6. half ·adv in an equal part or degree; in some pa/ appro/mating a half; partially; imperfectly; as, half-colored, half done, half-hearted, half persuaded, half conscious.