adj mere; simple; plain.
2. naked ·adj having no means of defense or protection; open; unarmed; defenseless.
3. naked ·adj having no clothes on; uncovered; nude; bare; as, a naked body; a naked limb; a naked sword.
4. naked ·adj unprovided with needful or desirable accessories, means of sustenance, ·etc.; destitute; unaided; bare.
5. naked ·adj without addition, exaggeration, or excuses; not concealed or disguised; open to view; manifest; plain.
6. naked ·adj without pubescence; as, a naked leaf or stem; bare, or not covered by the customary parts, as a flower without a perianth, a stem without leaves, seeds without a pericarp, buds without bud scales.
7. naked ·adj not having the full complement of tones;
said of a chord of only two tones, which requires a third tone to be sounded with them to make the combination pleasing to the ear; as, a naked fourth or fifth.