noun a cosmetic; rouge.
2. paint ·noun a pigment or coloring substance.
3. paint ·vt to color one's face by way of beautifying it.
4. paint ·vt to practice the art of painting; as, the artist paints well.
5. paint ·vt to cover with coloring matter; to apply paint to; as, to paint a house, a signboard, ·etc.
6. paint ·vt fig.: to color, stain, or tinge; to adorn or beautify with colors; to diversify with colors.
7. paint ·noun the same prepared with a vehicle, as oil, water with gum, or the like, for application to a surface.
8. paint ·vt fig.: to represent or exhibit to the mind; to describe vividly; to delineate; to image; to depict.
9. paint ·vt to form in colors a figure or likeness of on a flat surface, as upon canvas; to represent by means of colors or hues; to exhibit in a tinted image; to portray with paints; as, to paint a portrait or a landscape.