Meaning of REDUCTION in English
vt the correction of observations for known errors of instruments, ·etc.
2. reduction ·vt the operation of restoring a dislocated or fractured part to its former place.
3. reduction ·vt the preparation of the facts and measurements of observations in order to deduce a general result.
4. reduction ·vt the bringing of a syllogism in one of the so-called imperfect modes into a mode in the first figure.
5. reduction ·vt the act, process, or result of reducing; as, the reduction of iron from its ores; the reduction of aldehyde from alcohol.
6. reduction ·noun the act or process of reducing. ·see reduce, ·vt, 6. and to reduce an equation, to reduce an expression, under reduce, ·vt.
7. reduction ·vt the process of making a copy of something, as a figure, design, or draught, on a smaller scale, preserving the proper proportions.
8. reduction ·noun the act of reducing, or state of being reduced; conversion to a given state or condition; diminution; conquest; as, the reduction of a body to powder; the reduction of things to order; the reduction of the expenses of government; the reduction of a rebellious province.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012