adv exactly; just.
2. right ·adv in a right manner.
3. right ·adj that which is right or correct.
4. right ·adj that to which one has a just claim.
5. right ·adj most favorable or convenient; fortunate.
6. right ·adv according to any rule of art; correctly.
7. right ·adj privilege or immunity granted by authority.
8. right ·adj that which one has a natural claim to exact.
9. right ·adj the right side; the side opposite to the left.
10. right ·adj straight; direct; not crooked; as, a right line.
11. right ·adj characterized by reality or genuineness; real; actual; not spurious.
12. right ·vi hence, to regain an upright position, as a ship or boat, after careening.
13. right ·vi to recover the proper or natural condition or position; to become upright.
14. right ·adj well placed, disposed, or adjusted; orderly; well regulated; correctly done.
15. right ·adj the outward or most finished surface, as of a piece of cloth, a carpet, ·etc.
xvi. right ·adj a true statement; freedom from error of falsehood; adherence to truth or fact.
xvii. right ·adj designed to be placed or worn outward; as, the right side of a piece of cloth.
xviii. right ·adj a just judgment or action; that which is true or proper; justice; uprightness; integrity.
xix. right ·adv according to fact or truth; actually; truly; really; correctly; exactly; as, to tell a story right.
xx. right ·adj upright; erect from a base; having an upright axis; not oblique; as, right ascension; a right pyramid or cone.
xxi. right ·adv in a great degree; very; wholly; unqualifiedly; extremely; highly; as, right humble; right noble; right valiant.
xxii. right ·adj fit; suitable; proper; correct; becoming; as, the right man in the right place; the right way from london to oxford.
xxiii. right ·adj in some legislative bodies of europe (as in france), those members collectively who are conservatives or monarchists. ·see center, 5.
xxiv. right ·adj that which one has a legal or social claim to do or to exact; legal power; authority; as, a sheriff has a right to arrest a criminal.
xxv. right ·adv according to the law or will of god; conforming to the standard of truth and justice; righteously; as, to live right; to judge right.
xxvi. right ·adj the straight course; adherence to duty; obedience to lawful authority, divine or human; freedom from guilt, the opposite of moral wrong.
xxvii. right ·adj according with truth; passing a true judgment; conforming to fact or intent; not mistaken or wrong; not erroneous; correct; as, this is the right faith.
xxviii. right ·adj conformed to the constitution of man and the will of god, or to justice and equity; not deviating from the true and just; according with truth and duty; just; true.
xxix. right ·adj to do justice to; to relieve from wrong; to restore rights to; to assert or regain the rights of; as, to right the oppressed; to right one's self; also, to vindicate.
xxx. right ·adj to bring or restore to the proper or natural position; to set upright; to make right or straight (that which has been wrong or crooked); to correct.
xxxi. right ·adj that which justly belongs to one; that which one has a claim to possess or own; the interest or share which anyone has in a piece of property; title; claim; interest; ownership.
xxxii. right ·adv in a right or straight line; directly; hence; straightway; immediately; next; as, he stood right before me; it went right to the mark; he came right out; he followed right after the guide.
xxxiii. right ·adj of or pertaining to that side of the body in man on which the muscular action is usually stronger than on the other side;
opposed to left when used in reference to a part of the body; as, the right side, hand, arm. also applied to the corresponding side of the lower animals.