Meaning of SEA in English
noun fig.: anything resembling the sea in vastness; as, a sea of glory.
2. sea ·noun a great brazen laver in the temple at jerusalem;
so called from its size.
3. sea ·noun the ocean; the whole body of the salt water which covers a large part of the globe.
4. sea ·noun an inland body of water, ·esp. if large or if salt or brackish; as, the caspian sea; the sea of aral; sometimes, a small fresh-water lake; as, the sea of galilee.
5. sea ·noun the swell of the ocean or other body of water in a high wind; motion of the water's surface; also, a single wave; a billow; as, there was a high sea after the storm; the vessel shipped a sea.
6. sea ·noun one of the larger bodies of salt water, less than an ocean, found on the earth's surface; a body of salt water of second rank, generally forming part of, or connecting with, an ocean or a larger sea; as, the mediterranean sea; the sea of marmora; the north sea; the carribean sea.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012