Meaning of SKIM in English
adj contraction of skimming and skimmed.
2. skim ·vi to put on the finishing coat of plaster.
3. skim ·vi to hasten along with superficial attention.
4. skim ·vt to take off by skimming; as, to skim cream.
5. skim ·vi to pass lightly; to glide along in an even, smooth course; to glide along near the surface.
6. skim ·vt to pass near the surface of; to brush the surface of; to glide swiftly along the surface of.
7. skim ·vt fig.: to read or examine superficially and rapidly, in order to cull the principal facts or thoughts; as, to skim a book or a newspaper.
8. skim ·vt to clear (a liquid) from scum or substance floating or lying thereon, by means of a utensil that passes just beneath the surface; as, to skim milk; to skim broth.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012