Meaning of STANDARD in English
noun the sheth of a plow.
2. standard ·noun a large drinking cup.
3. standard ·adj not of the dwarf kind; as, a standard pear tree.
4. standard ·noun the upper petal or banner of a papilionaceous corolla.
5. standard ·noun a flag; colors; a banner; especially, a national or other ensign.
6. standard ·adj not supported by, or fastened to, a wall; as, standard fruit trees.
7. standard ·noun the proportion of weights of fine metal and alloy established by authority.
8. standard ·noun an upright support, as one of the poles of a scaffold; any upright in framing.
9. standard ·adj hence: having a recognized and permanent value; as, standard works in history; standard authors.
10. standard ·noun that which is established as a rule or model by authority, custom, or general consent; criterion; test.
11. standard ·noun an inverted knee timber placed upon the deck instead of beneath it, with its vertical branch turned upward from that which lies horizontally.
12. standard ·noun a tree of natural size supported by its own stem, and not dwarfed by grafting on the stock of a smaller species nor trained upon a wall or trellis.
13. standard ·adj being, affording, or according with, a standard for comparison and judgment; as, standard time; standard weights and measures; a standard authority as to nautical terms; standard gold or silver.
14. standard ·noun that which is established by authority as a rule for the measure of quantity, extent, value, or quality; ·esp., the original specimen weight or measure sanctioned by government, as the standard pound, gallon, or yard.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012