Meaning of STEAM in English
noun any exhalation.
2. steam ·vi to emit steam or vapor.
3. steam ·vt to exhale.
4. steam ·vi to move or travel by the agency of steam.
5. steam ·vi to generate steam; as, the boiler steams well.
6. steam ·vi to rise in vapor; to issue, or pass off, as vapor.
7. steam ·noun the mist formed by condensed vapor; visible vapor;
so called in popular usage.
8. steam ·noun the elastic, aeriform fluid into which water is converted when heated to the boiling points; water in the state of vapor.
9. steam ·vt to expose to the action of steam; to apply steam to for softening, dressing, or preparing; as, to steam wood; to steamcloth; to steam food, ·etc.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012