Meaning of WHITE in English
noun a white pigment; as, venice white.
2. white ·superl gray, as from age; having silvery hair; hoary.
3. white ·superl regarded with especial favor; favorite; darling.
4. white ·noun a person with a white skin; a member of the white, or caucasian, races of men.
5. white ·noun something having the color of snow; something white, or nearly so; as, the white of the eye.
6. white ·superl characterized by freedom from that which disturbs, and the like; fortunate; happy; favorable.
7. white ·superl having the color of purity; free from spot or blemish, or from guilt or pollution; innocent; pure.
8. white ·superl destitute of color, as in the cheeks, or of the tinge of blood color; pale; pallid; as, white with fear.
9. white ·vt to make white; to whiten; to whitewash; to bleach.
10. white ·noun specifically, the central part of the butt in archery, which was formerly painted white; the center of a mark at which a missile is shot.
11. white ·noun any one of numerous species of butterflies belonging to pieris, and allied genera in which the color is usually white. ·see cabbage butterfly, under cabbage.
12. white ·noun the color of pure snow; one of the natural colors of bodies, yet not strictly a color, but a composition of all colors; the opposite of black; whiteness. ·see the note under color, ·noun, 1.
13. white ·superl reflecting to the eye all the rays of the spectrum combined; not tinted with any of the proper colors or their mixtures; having the color of pure snow; snowy;
the opposite of black or dark; as, white paper; a white skin.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012