Meaning of WOOD in English
vi to take or get a supply of wood.
2. wood ·noun trees cut or sawed for the fire or other uses.
3. wood ·adj mad; insane; possessed; rabid; furious; frantic.
4. wood ·vi to grow mad; to act like a madman; to mad.
5. wood ·noun a large and thick collection of trees; a forest or grove;
frequently used in the plural.
6. wood ·vt to supply with wood, or get supplies of wood for; as, to wood a steamboat or a locomotive.
7. wood ·noun the substance of trees and the like; the hard fibrous substance which composes the body of a tree and its branches, and which is covered by the bark; timber.
8. wood ·noun the fibrous material which makes up the greater part of the stems and branches of trees and shrubby plants, and is found to a less extent in herbaceous stems. it consists of elongated tubular or needle-shaped cells of various kinds, usually interwoven with the shinning bands called silver grain.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012