Meaning of RESTORE in English
— restorable , adj. — restorableness , n. — restorer , n.
/ri stawr", -stohr"/ , v.t., restored, restoring .
1. to bring back into existence, use, or the like; reestablish: to restore order.
2. to bring back to a former, original, or normal condition, as a building, statue, or painting.
3. to bring back to a state of health, soundness, or vigor.
4. to put back to a former place, or to a former position, rank, etc.: to restore the king to his throne.
5. to give back; make return or restitution of (anything taken away or lost).
6. to reproduce or reconstruct (an ancient building, extinct animal, etc.) in the original state.
[ 1250-1300; ME restoren restorer restaurare; see RE-, STORE ]
Syn. 2. mend. See renew. 4. replace, reinstate. 6. rebuild.
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012