Meaning of TECHNIQUE in English
/tek neek"/ , n.
1. the manner and ability with which an artist, writer, dancer, athlete, or the like employs the technical skills of a particular art or field of endeavor.
2. the body of specialized procedures and methods used in any specific field, esp. in an area of applied science.
3. method of performance; way of accomplishing.
4. technical skill; ability to apply procedures or methods so as to effect a desired result.
5. Informal. method of projecting personal charm, appeal, etc.: He has the greatest technique with customers.
[ 1810-20; technikós, techniká; see TECHNIC ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012