noun a long time.
2. age ·noun a century; the period of one hundred years.
3. age ·noun a great period in the history of the earth.
4. age ·noun the people who live at a particular period; hence, a generation.
5. age ·noun one of the stages of life; as, the age of infancy, of youth, ·etc.
6. age ·vi to grow aged; to become old; to show marks of age; as, he grew fat as he aged.
7. age ·noun the whole duration of a being, whether animal, vegetable, or other kind; lifetime.
8. age ·vt to cause to grow old; to impart the characteristics of age to; as, grief ages us.
9. age ·noun the latter part of life; an advanced period of life; seniority; state of being old.
10. age ·noun a particular period of time in history, as distinguished from others; as, the golden age, the age of pericles.
11. age ·noun the time of life at which some particular power or capacity is understood to become vested; as, the age of consent; the age of discretion.
12. age ·noun mature age; especially, the time of life at which one attains full personal rights and capacities; as, to come of age; he (or she) is of age.
13. age ·noun that part of the duration of a being or a thing which is between its beginning and any given time; as, what is the present age of a man, or of the earth?.
14. age ·add. ·noun in poker, the right belonging to the player to the left of the dealer to pass the first round in betting, and then to come in last or stay out; also, the player holding this position; the eldest hand.