Meaning of AMOUNT in English
noun to go up; to ascend.
2. amount ·vt to signify; to amount to.
3. amount ·noun the effect, substance, value, significance, or result; the sum; as, the amount of the testimony is this.
4. amount ·noun to rise or reach by an accumulation of particular sums or quantities; to come (to) in the aggregate or whole;
with to or unto.
5. amount ·noun to rise, reach, or extend in effect, substance, or influence; to be equivalent; to come practically (to); as, the testimony amounts to very little.
6. amount ·noun the sum total of two or more sums or quantities; the aggregate; the whole quantity; a totality; as, the amount of 7 and 9 is 16; the amount of a bill; the amount of this year's revenue.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012