vt to furnish with benches.
2. bench ·vi to sit on a seat of justice.
3. bench ·noun the seat where judges sit in court.
4. bench ·vt to place on a bench or seat of honor.
5. bench ·noun a long seat, differing from a stool in its greater length.
6. bench ·noun a long table at which mechanics and other work; as, a carpenter's bench.
7. bench ·noun the persons who sit as judges; the court; as, the opinion of the full bench. ·see king's bench.
8. bench ·noun a conformation like a bench; a long stretch of flat ground, or a kind of natural terrace, near a lake or river.
9. bench ·noun a collection or group of dogs exhibited to the public;
so named because the animals are usually placed on benches or raised platforms.