Meaning of BLADE in English
vt to furnish with a blade.
2. blade ·noun the scapula or shoulder blade.
3. blade ·vi to put forth or have a blade.
4. blade ·noun the principal rafters of a roof.
5. blade ·noun the cutting part of an instrument; as, the blade of a knife or a sword.
6. blade ·noun the broad part of an oar; also, one of the projecting arms of a screw propeller.
7. blade ·add. ·noun the flat part of the tongue immediately behind the tip, or point.
8. blade ·noun a sharp-witted, dashing, wild, or reckless, fellow;
a word of somewhat indefinite meaning.
9. blade ·noun properly, the leaf, or flat part of the leaf, of any plant, especially of gramineous plants. the term is sometimes applied to the spire of grasses.
10. blade ·noun the four large shell plates on the sides, and the five large ones of the middle, of the carapace of the sea turtle, which yield the best tortoise shell.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012