Meaning of BRAND in English
vt an instrument to brand with; a branding iron.
2. brand ·vt to mark or impress indelibly, as with a hot iron.
3. brand ·vt fig.: to fix a mark of infamy, or a stigma, upon.
4. brand ·vt a sword, so called from its glittering or flashing brightness.
5. brand ·vt a mark put upon criminals with a hot iron. hence: any mark of infamy or vice; a stigma.
6. brand ·vt a burning piece of wood; or a stick or piece of wood partly burnt, whether burning or after the fire is extinct.
7. brand ·vt to put an actual distinctive mark upon in any other way, as with a stencil, to show quality of contents, name of manufacture, ·etc.
8. brand ·vt to burn a distinctive mark into or upon with a hot iron, to indicate quality, ownership, ·etc., or to mark as infamous (as a convict).
9. brand ·vt any minute fungus which produces a burnt appearance in plants. the brands are of many species and several genera of the order pucciniaei.
10. brand ·vt a mark made by burning with a hot iron, as upon a cask, to designate the quality, manufacturer, ·etc., of the contents, or upon an animal, to designate ownership;
also, a mark for a similar purpose made in any other way, as with a stencil. hence, figurately: quality; kind; grade; as, a good brand of flour.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012