Meaning of ERROR in English
noun a wandering; a roving or irregular course.
2. error ·noun the difference between an observed value and the true value of a quantity.
3. error ·noun a moral offense; violation of duty; a sin or transgression; iniquity; fault.
4. error ·noun a mistake in the proceedings of a court of record in matters of law or of fact.
5. error ·noun a departing or deviation from the truth; falsity; false notion; wrong opinion; mistake; misapprehension.
6. error ·noun the difference between the approximate result and the true result;
used particularly in the rule of double position.
7. error ·noun a fault of a player of the side in the field which results in failure to put out a player on the other side, or gives him an unearned base.
8. error ·noun the difference between the observed value of a quantity and that which is taken or computed to be the true value;
sometimes called residual error.
9. error ·noun a wandering or deviation from the right course or standard; irregularity; mistake; inaccuracy; something made wrong or left wrong; as, an error in writing or in printing; a clerical error.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012