Meaning of EXTERNAL in English
adj away from the mesial plane of the body; lateral.
2. external ·adj not intrinsic nor essential; accidental; accompanying; superficial.
3. external ·adj outside of or separate from ourselves; (metaph.) separate from the perceiving mind.
4. external ·adj outwardly perceptible; visible; physical or corporeal, as distinguished from mental or moral.
5. external ·adj foreign; relating to or connected with foreign nations; as, external trade or commerce; the external relations of a state or kingdom.
6. external ·noun something external or without; outward part; that which makes a show, rather than that which is intrinsic; visible form;
usually in the plural.
7. external ·adj outward; exterior; relating to the outside, as of a body; being without; acting from without;
opposed to internal; as, the external form or surface of a body.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012