Meaning of FINISH in English
opposed to start, or beginning.
2. finish ·noun that which finishes, puts an end to/ or perfects.
3. finish ·vi to come to an end; to terminate.
4. finish ·noun ·see finishing coat, under finishing.
5. finish ·vi to end; to die.
6. finish ·noun the labor required to give final completion to any work; hence, minute detail, careful elaboration, or the like.
7. finish ·vt to arrive at the end of; to bring to an end; to put an end to; to make an end of; to terminate.
8. finish ·noun the joiner work and other finer work required for the completion of a building, especially of the interior. ·see inside finish, and outside finish.
9. finish ·noun the result of completed labor, as on the surface of an object; manner or style of finishing; as, a rough, dead, or glossy finish given to cloth, stone, metal, ·etc.
10. finish ·vt to bestow the last required labor upon; to complete; to bestow the utmost possible labor upon; to perfect; to accomplish; to polish.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012