Meaning of FORWARD in English
noun an agreement; a covenant; a promise.
2. forward ·adv ·alt. of forwards.
3. forward ·adj ready; prompt; strongly inclined; in an ill sense, overready; to hasty.
4. forward ·vt to send forward; to send toward the place of destination; to transmit; as, to forward a letter.
5. forward ·adj near, or at the fore part; in advance of something else; as, the forward gun in a ship, or the forward ship in a fleet.
6. forward ·adj advanced beyond the usual degree; advanced for season; as, the grass is forward, or forward for the season; we have a forward spring.
7. forward ·adj ardent; eager; earnest; in an ill sense, less reserved or modest than is proper; bold; confident; as, the boy is too forward for his years.
8. forward ·vt to help onward; to advance; to promote; to accelerate; to quicken; to hasten; as, to forward the growth of a plant; to forward one in improvement.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012