Meaning of MODEL in English
noun any copy, or resemblance, more or less exact.
2. model ·noun that by which a thing is to be measured; standard.
3. model ·noun a person who poses as a pattern to an artist.
4. model ·vi to make a copy or a pattern; to design or imitate forms; as, to model in wax.
5. model ·adj suitable to be taken as a model or pattern; as, a model house; a model husband.
6. model ·noun a miniature representation of a thing, with the several parts in due proportion; sometimes, a facsimile of the same size.
7. model ·noun anything which serves, or may serve, as an example for imitation; as, a government formed on the model of the american constitution; a model of eloquence, virtue, or behavior.
8. model ·noun something intended to serve, or that may serve, as a pattern of something to be made; a material representation or embodiment of an ideal; sometimes, a drawing; a plan; as, the clay model of a sculpture; the inventor's model of a machine.
9. model ·vt to plan or form after a pattern; to form in model; to form a model or pattern for; to shape; to mold; to fashion; as, to model a house or a government; to model an edifice according to the plan delineated.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012