Meaning of PIECE in English
noun a castle; a fortified building.
2. piece ·noun one of the superior men, distinguished from a pawn.
3. piece ·noun a fact; an item; as, a piece of news; a piece of knowledge.
4. piece ·noun a musket, gun, or cannon; as, a battery of six pieces; a following piece.
5. piece ·noun a literary or artistic composition; as, a piece of poetry, music, or statuary.
6. piece ·vi to unite by a coalescence of parts; to fit together; to join.
7. piece ·vt to unite; to join; to combine.
8. piece ·noun a definite portion or quantity, as of goods or work; as, a piece of broadcloth; a piece of wall paper.
9. piece ·noun a coin; as, a sixpenny piece;
formerly applied specifically to an english gold coin worth 22 shillings.
10. piece ·noun an individual;
applied to a person as being of a certain nature or quality; often, but not always, used slightingly or in contempt.
11. piece ·vt to make, enlarge, or repair, by the addition of a piece or pieces; to patch; as, to piece a garment;
often with out.
12. piece ·noun any one thing conceived of as apart from other things of the same kind; an individual article; a distinct single effort of a series; a definite performance.
13. piece ·noun a fragment or part of anything separated from the whole, in any manner, as by cutting, splitting, breaking, or tearing; a part; a portion; as, a piece of sugar; to break in pieces.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012