Meaning of POISON in English
vi to act as, or convey, a poison.
2. poison ·noun to injure or kill by poison; to administer poison to.
3. poison ·noun to put poison upon or into; to infect with poison; as, to poison an arrow; to poison food or drink.
4. poison ·noun that which taints or destroys moral purity or health; as, the poison of evil example; the poison of sin.
5. poison ·noun to taint; to corrupt; to vitiate; as, vice poisons happiness; slander poisoned his mind.
6. poison ·noun any agent which, when introduced into the animal organism, is capable of producing a morbid, noxious, or deadly effect upon it; as, morphine is a deadly poison; the poison of pestilential diseases.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012