Meaning of REGULAR in English
adj ·same·as isometric.
2. regular ·adj thorough; complete; unmitigated; as, a regular humbug.
3. regular ·adj a soldier belonging to a permanent or standing army;
chiefly used in the plural.
4. regular ·adj belonging to a monastic order or community; as, regular clergy, in distinction dfrom the secular clergy.
5. regular ·adj having all the parts of the same kind alike in size and shape; as, a regular flower; a regular sea urchin.
6. regular ·adj a member of any religious order or community who has taken the vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience, and who has been solemnly recognized by the church.
7. regular ·adj constituted, selected, or conducted in conformity with established usages, rules, or discipline; duly authorized; permanently organized; as, a regular meeting; a regular physican; a regular nomination; regular troops.
8. regular ·adj governed by rule or rules; steady or uniform in course, practice, or occurence; not subject to unexplained or irrational variation; returning at stated intervals; steadily pursued; orderlly; methodical; as, the regular succession of day and night; regular habits.
9. regular ·adj conformed to a rule; agreeable to an established rule, law, principle, or type, or to established customary forms; normal; symmetrical; as, a regular verse in poetry; a regular piece of music; a regular verb; regular practice of law or medicine; a regular building.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012