Meaning of THREAD in English
noun fig.: composition; quality; fineness.
2. thread ·vt to pass a thread through the eye of; as, to thread a needle.
3. thread ·vt to form a thread, or spiral rib, on or in; as, to thread a screw or nut.
4. thread ·noun the prominent part of the spiral of a screw or nut; the rib. ·see screw, ·noun, 1.
5. thread ·noun fig.: something continued in a long course or tenor; a,s the thread of life, or of a discourse.
6. thread ·noun a filament, as of a flower, or of any fibrous substance, as of bark; also, a line of gold or silver.
7. thread ·vt to pass or pierce through as a narrow way; also, to effect or make, as one's way, through or between obstacles; to thrid.
8. thread ·noun a very small twist of flax, wool, cotton, silk, or other fibrous substance, drawn out to considerable length; a compound cord consisting of two or more single yarns doubled, or joined together, and twisted.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012