Meaning of BENT in English
imp. & ·p.p. of bend.
2. bent ·- of bend.
3. bent ·v a declivity or slope, as of a hill.
4. bent ·v a transverse frame of a framed structure.
5. bent ·v tension; force of acting; energy; impetus.
6. bent ·noun a reedlike grass; a stalk of stiff, coarse grass.
7. bent ·v particular direction or tendency; flexion; course.
8. bent ·noun any neglected field or broken ground; a common; a moor.
9. bent ·v a leaning or bias; proclivity; tendency of mind; inclination; disposition; purpose; aim.
10. bent (·adj & ·p.p.) changed by pressure so as to be no longer straight; crooked; as, a bent pin; a bent lever.
11. bent ·v the state of being curved, crooked, or inclined from a straight line; flexure; curvity; as, the bent of a bow.
12. bent ·noun a grass of the genus agrostis, ·esp. agrostis vulgaris, or redtop. the name is also used of many other grasses, ·esp. in america.
13. bent (·adj & ·p.p.) strongly inclined toward something, so as to be resolved, determined, set, ·etc.;
said of the mind, character, disposition, desires, ·etc., and used with on; as, to be bent on going to college; he is bent on mischief.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012