vt to supply with cups of wine.
2. cup ·noun the contents of such a vessel; a cupful.
3. cup ·noun anything shaped like a cup; as, the cup of an acorn, or of a flower.
4. cup ·vt to make concave or in the form of a cup; as, to cup the end of a screw.
5. cup ·add. ·- a cock or cup containing grease, to serve as a lubricator.
6. cup ·noun that which is to be received or indured; that which is allotted to one; a portion.
7. cup ·noun repeated potations; social or excessive indulgence in intoxicating drinks; revelry.
8. cup ·noun a cupping glass or other vessel or instrument used to produce the vacuum in cupping.
9. cup ·vt to apply a cupping apparatus to; to subject to the operation of cupping. ·see cupping.
10. cup ·noun a small vessel, used commonly to drink from; as, a tin cup, a silver cup, a wine cup; especially, in modern times, the pottery or porcelain vessel, commonly with a handle, used with a saucer in drinking tea, coffee, and the like.