Meaning of GROSS in English
superl coarse; rough; not fine or delicate.
2. gross ·adj the main body; the chief part, bulk, or mass.
3. gross ·superl thick; dense; not attenuated; as, a gross medium.
4. gross ·superl great; large; bulky; fat; of huge size; excessively large.
5. gross ·superl not easily aroused or excited; not sensitive in perception or feeling; dull; witless.
6. gross (·sg & ·pl) the number of twelve dozen; twelve times twelve; as, a gross of bottles; ten gross of pens.
7. gross ·superl great; palpable; serious; vagrant; shameful; as, a gross mistake; gross injustice; gross negligence.
8. gross ·superl expressing, or originating in, animal or sensual appetites; hence, coarse, vulgar, low, obscene, or impure.
9. gross ·superl whole; entire; total; without deduction; as, the gross sum, or gross amount, the gross weight;
opposed to net.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012