Meaning of INTRODUCE in English
vt to produce; to cause to exist; to induce.
2. introduce ·vt to lead or bring in; to conduct or usher in; as, to introduce a person into a drawing-room.
3. introduce ·vt to bring into notice, practice, cultivation, or use; as, to introduce a new fashion, method, or plant.
4. introduce ·vt to put (something into a place); to insert; as, to introduce the finger, or a probe.
5. introduce ·vt to open to notice; to begin; to present; as, he introduced the subject with a long preface.
6. introduce ·vt to lead to and make known by formal announcement or recommendation; hence, to cause to be acquainted; as, to introduce strangers; to introduce one person to another.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012