Meaning of JUST in English
adv closely; nearly; almost.
2. just ·noun a joust.
3. just ·vi to joust.
4. just ·adv precisely; exactly;
in place, time, or degree; neither more nor less than is stated.
5. just ·adj rendering or disposed to render to each one his due; equitable; fair; impartial; as, just judge.
6. just ·adv barely; merely; scarcely; only; by a very small space or time; as, he just missed the train; just too late.
7. just ·adj conforming or conformable to rectitude or justice; not doing wrong to any; violating no right or obligation; upright; righteous; honest; true;
said both of persons and things.
8. just ·adj not transgressing the requirement of truth and propriety; conformed to the truth of things, to reason, or to a proper standard; exact; normal; reasonable; regular; due; as, a just statement; a just inference.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012