Meaning of REAR in English
adv early; soon.
2. rear ·vt to lift and take up.
3. rear ·vt to breed and raise; as, to rear cattle.
4. rear ·vt to rouse; to stir up.
5. rear ·vt to place in the rear; to secure the rear of.
6. rear ·vi to rise up on the hind legs, as a horse; to become erect.
7. rear ·adj being behind, or in the hindmost part; hindmost; as, the rear rank of a company.
8. rear ·noun the back or hindmost part; that which is behind, or last in order;
opposed to front.
9. rear ·noun specifically, the part of an army or fleet which comes last, or is stationed behind the rest.
10. rear ·vt to raise; to lift up; to cause to rise, become erect, ·etc.; to elevate; as, to rear a monolith.
11. rear ·vt to erect by building; to set up; to construct; as, to rear defenses or houses; to rear one government on the ruins of another.
12. rear ·vt to bring up to maturity, as young; to educate; to instruct; to foster; as, to rear offspring.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012