Meaning of CLIP in English
noun a cutting; a shearing.
2. clip ·add. ·noun a rapid gait.
3. clip ·noun an embrace.
4. clip ·noun a clasp or holder for letters, papers, ·etc.
5. clip ·vi to move swiftly;
usually with indefinite it.
6. clip ·vt to curtail; to cut short.
7. clip ·noun a blow or stroke with the hand; as, he hit him a clip.
8. clip ·vt to embrace, hence; to encompass.
9. clip ·noun the product of a single shearing of sheep; a season's crop of wool.
10. clip ·add. ·noun a gaff or hook for landing the fish, as in salmon fishing.
11. clip ·vt to cut off; as with shears or scissors; as, to clip the hair; to clip coin.
12. clip ·noun an embracing strap for holding parts together; the iron strap, with loop, at the ends of a whiffletree.
13. clip ·add. ·noun a part, attachment, or appendage, for seizing, clasping, or holding, an object, as a cable, ·etc.
14. clip ·noun a projecting flange on the upper edge of a horseshoe, turned up so as to embrace the lower part of the hoof;
called also toe clip and beak.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012