Meaning of CLOUD in English
noun a great crowd or multitude; a vast collection.
2. cloud ·noun a mass or volume of smoke, or flying dust, resembling vapor.
3. cloud ·noun a large, loosely-knitted scarf, worn by women about the head.
4. cloud ·vi to grow cloudy; to become obscure with clouds;
often used with up.
5. cloud ·vt to overspread or hide with a cloud or clouds; as, the sky is clouded.
6. cloud ·noun a collection of visible vapor, or watery particles, suspended in the upper atmosphere.
7. cloud ·vt to mark with, or darken in, veins or sports; to variegate with colors; as, to cloud yarn.
8. cloud ·vt to darken or obscure, as if by hiding or enveloping with a cloud; hence, to render gloomy or sullen.
9. cloud ·noun a dark vein or spot on a lighter material, as in marble; hence, a blemish or defect; as, a cloud upon one's reputation; a cloud on a title.
10. cloud ·noun that which has a dark, lowering, or threatening aspect; that which temporarily overshadows, obscures, or depresses; as, a cloud of sorrow; a cloud of war; a cloud upon the intellect.
11. cloud ·vt to blacken; to sully; to stain; to tarnish; to damage;
·esp. used of reputation or character.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012