Meaning of COOK in English
vi to prepare food for the table.
2. cook ·vt to throw.
3. cook ·vi to make the noise of the cuckoo.
4. cook ·noun a fish, the european striped wrasse.
5. cook ·noun one whose occupation is to prepare food for the table; one who dresses or cooks meat or vegetables for eating.
6. cook ·vt to prepare, as food, by boiling, roasting, baking, broiling, ·etc.; to make suitable for eating, by the agency of fire or heat.
7. cook ·vt to concoct or prepare; hence, to tamper with or alter; to garble;
often with up; as, to cook up a story; to cook an account.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012