Meaning of NEW in English
adv newly; recently.
2. new ·superl fresh from anything; newly come.
3. new ·superl not habituated; not familiar; unaccustomed.
4. new ·vt & ·vi to make new; to renew.
5. new ·superl not of ancient extraction, or of a family of ancient descent; not previously kniwn or famous.
6. new ·superl newly beginning or recurring; starting anew; now commencing; different from has been; as, a new year; a new course or direction.
7. new ·superl not before seen or known, although existing before; lately manifested; recently discovered; as, a new metal; a new planet; new scenes.
8. new ·superl as if lately begun or made; having the state or quality of original freshness; also, changed for the better; renovated; unworn; untried; unspent; as, rest and travel made him a new man.
9. new ·superl having existed, or having been made, but a short time; having originated or occured lately; having recently come into existence, or into one's possession; not early or long in being; of late origin; recent; fresh; modern;
opposed to old, as, a new coat; a new house; a new book; a new fashion.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012