noun a low shoe with a thin sole.
2. pump ·vi to work, or raise water, a pump.
3. pump ·vt to raise with a pump, as water or other liquid.
4. pump ·vt to draw water, or the like, from; to from water by means of a pump; as, they pumped the well dry; to pump a ship.
5. pump ·vt figuratively, to draw out or obtain, as secrets or money, by persistent questioning or plying; to question or ply persistently in order to elicit something, as information, money, ·etc.
6. pump ·noun an hydraulic machine, variously constructed, for raising or transferring fluids, consisting essentially of a moving piece or piston working in a hollow cylinder or other cavity, with valves properly placed for admitting or retaining the fluid as it is drawn or driven through them by the action of the piston.