Meaning of FAT in English
superl abounding with fat.
2. fat ·vi to grow fat, plump, and fleshy.
3. fat ·noun a large tub, cistern, or vessel; a vat.
4. fat ·superl abounding in riches; affluent; fortunate.
5. fat ·superl oily; greasy; unctuous; rich;
said of food.
6. fat ·superl fertile; productive; as, a fat soil; a fat pasture.
7. fat ·noun a measure of quantity, differing for different commodities.
8. fat ·superl exhibiting the qualities of a fat animal; coarse; heavy; gross; dull; stupid.
9. fat ·noun the best or richest productions; the best part; as, to live on the fat of the land.
10. fat ·superl fleshy; characterized by fatness; plump; corpulent; not lean; as, a fat man; a fat ox.
11. fat ·superl rich; producing a large income; desirable; as, a fat benefice; a fat office; a fat job.
12. fat ·noun work. containing much blank, or its equivalent, and, therefore, profitable to the compositor.
13. fat ·adj to make fat; to fatten; to make plump and fleshy with abundant food; as, to fat fowls or sheep.
14. fat ·superl of a character which enables the compositor to make large wages;
said of matter containing blank, cuts, or many leads, ·etc.; as, a fat take; a fat page.
15. fat ·noun an oily liquid or greasy substance making up the main bulk of the adipose tissue of animals, and widely distributed in the seeds of plants. ·see adipose tissue, under adipose.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012