Meaning of FLOOR in English
noun the right to speak.
2. floor ·noun a horizontal, flat ore body.
3. floor ·noun the part of the house assigned to the members.
4. floor ·noun a story of a building. ·see story.
5. floor ·noun the rock underlying a stratified or nearly horizontal deposit.
6. floor ·vt to finish or make an end of; as, to floor a college examination.
7. floor ·vt to cover with a floor; to furnish with a floor; as, to floor a house with pine boards.
8. floor ·noun that part of the bottom of a vessel on each side of the keelson which is most nearly horizontal.
9. floor ·noun the surface, or the platform, of a structure on which we walk or travel; as, the floor of a bridge.
10. floor ·noun the bottom or lower part of any room; the part upon which we stand and upon which the movables in the room are supported.
11. floor ·vt to strike down or lay level with the floor; to knock down; hence, to silence by a conclusive answer or retort; as, to floor an opponent.
12. floor ·noun the structure formed of beams, girders, ·etc., with proper covering, which divides a building horizontally into stories. floor in sense 1 is, then, the upper surface of floor in sense 2.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012