noun a gift; a douceur; a fee.
2. tip ·noun rubbish thrown from a quarry.
3. tip ·noun a light touch or blow; a tap.
4. tip ·vi to fall on, or incline to, one side.
5. tip ·vt to strike slightly; to tap.
6. tip ·noun a piece of stiffened lining pasted on the inside of a hat crown.
7. tip ·noun a hint, or secret intimation, as to the chances in a horse race, or the like.
8. tip ·vt to bestow a gift, or douceur, upon; to give a present to; as, to tip a servant.
9. tip ·noun a thin, boarded brush made of camel's hair, used by gilders in lifting gold leaf.
10. tip ·vt to form a point upon; to cover the tip, top, or end of; as, to tip anything with gold or silver.
11. tip ·vt to lower one end of, or to throw upon the end; to tilt; as, to tip a cask; to tip a cart.
12. tip ·noun the point or extremity of anything; a pointed or somewhat sharply rounded end; the end; as, the tip of the finger; the tip of a spear.
13. tip ·noun an end piece or part; a piece, as a cap, nozzle, ferrule, or point, applied to the extreme end of anything; as, a tip for an umbrella, a shoe, a gas burner, ·etc.