Meaning of TRUE in English
adv in accordance with truth; truly.
2. true ·noun right to precision; conformable to a rule or pattern; exact; accurate; as, a true copy; a true likeness of the original.
3. true ·noun actual; not counterfeit, adulterated, or pretended; genuine; pure; real; as, true balsam; true love of country; a true christian.
4. true ·add. ·adj genuine; real; not deviating from the essential characters of a class; as, a lizard is a true reptile; a whale is a true, but not a typical, mammal.
5. true ·noun steady in adhering to friends, to promises, to a prince, or the like; unwavering; faithful; loyal; not false, fickle, or perfidious; as, a true friend; a wife true to her husband; an officer true to his charge.
6. true ·noun conformable to fact; in accordance with the actual state of things; correct; not false, erroneous, inaccurate, or the like; as, a true relation or narration; a true history; a declaration is true when it states the facts.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012