Meaning of DECISION in English
— decisional , adj.
/di sizh"euhn/ , n.
1. the act or process of deciding; determination, as of a question or doubt, by making a judgment: They must make a decision between these two contestants.
2. the act of or need for making up one's mind: This is a difficult decision.
3. something that is decided; resolution: He made a poor decision.
4. a judgment, as one formally pronounced by a court.
5. the quality of being decided; firmness: He spoke with decision.
6. the final score in any sport or contest: The decision was 5 to 4 in favor of the home team.
7. Boxing. the awarding of a victory in a match not decided by a knockout or technical knockout, usually through a vote of the referee and judges.
8. Boxing. to win a victory over (one's opponent) by a point score rather than a knockout.
[ 1425-75; late ME decisioun decision- (s. of decisio ) lit., a cutting off, equiv. to decis ( us ) (ptp. of decidere; see DECIDE) + -ion- -ION ]
Syn. 4. ruling, verdict, finding, decree.
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012