Meaning of FIRE in English
vt to drive by fire.
2. fire ·vt to cauterize.
3. fire ·vi to be irritated or inflamed with passion.
4. fire ·noun splendor; brilliancy; luster; hence, a star.
5. fire ·noun anything which destroys or affects like fire.
6. fire ·noun torture by burning; severe trial or affliction.
7. fire ·noun the burning of a house or town; a conflagration.
8. fire ·vt to feed or serve the fire of; as, to fire a boiler.
9. fire ·vi to take fire; to be kindled; to kindle.
10. fire ·vt to light up as if by fire; to illuminate.
11. fire ·vi to discharge artillery or firearms; as, they fired on the town.
12. fire ·noun fuel in a state of combustion, as on a hearth, or in a stove or a furnace.
13. fire ·noun the discharge of firearms; firing; as, the troops were exposed to a heavy fire.
14. fire ·noun ardor of passion, whether love or hate; excessive warmth; consuming violence of temper.
15. fire ·noun the evolution of light and heat in the combustion of bodies; combustion; state of ignition.
xvi. fire ·vt to set on fire; to kindle; as, to fire a house or chimney; to fire a pile.
xvii. fire ·noun liveliness of imagination or fancy; intellectual and moral enthusiasm; capacity for ardor and zeal.
xviii. fire ·vt to subject to intense heat; to bake; to burn in a kiln; as, to fire pottery.
xix. fire ·vt to animate; to give life or spirit to; as, to fire the genius of a young man.
xx. fire ·vt to inflame; to irritate, as the passions; as, to fire the soul with anger, pride, or revenge.
xxi. fire ·vt to cause to explode; as, to fire a torpedo; to disharge; as, to fire a musket or cannon; to fire cannon balls, rockets, ·etc.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012