Meaning of FIRM in English
adj to fix or direct with firmness.
2. firm ·superl solid;
opposed to fluid; as, firm land.
3. firm ·superl indicating firmness; as, a firm tread; a firm countenance.
4. firm ·adj to fix; to settle; to confirm; to establish.
5. firm ·superl fixed; hence, closely compressed; compact; substantial; hard; solid;
applied to the matter of bodies; as, firm flesh; firm muscles, firm wood.
6. firm ·adj the name, title, or style, under which a company transacts business; a partnership of two or more persons; a commercial house; as, the firm of hope & co.
7. firm ·superl not easily excited or disturbed; unchanging in purpose; fixed; steady; constant; stable; unshaken; not easily changed in feelings or will; strong; as, a firm believer; a firm friend; a firm adherent.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012