Meaning of STEER in English
vt a rudder or helm.
2. steer ·noun a helmsman, a pilot.
3. steer ·vi to direct a vessel in its course; to direct one's course.
4. steer ·vt to castrate;
said of male calves.
5. steer ·vi to conduct one's self; to take or pursue a course of action.
6. steer ·vi to be directed and governed; to take a direction, or course; to obey the helm; as, the boat steers easily.
7. steer ·noun to direct the course of; to guide; to govern;
applied especially to a vessel in the water.
8. steer ·adj a young male of the ox kind; especially, a common ox; a castrated taurine male from two to four years old. ·see the note under ox.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012