Meaning of GLOW in English
/gloh/ , n.
1. a light emitted by or as if by a substance heated to luminosity; incandescence.
2. brightness of color.
3. a sensation or state of bodily heat.
4. a warm, ruddy color of the cheeks.
5. warmth of emotion or passion; ardor.
6. to emit bright light and heat without flame; become incandescent.
7. to shine like something intensely heated.
8. to exhibit a strong, bright color; be lustrously red or brilliant.
9. (of the cheeks) to exhibit a healthy, warm, ruddy color.
10. to become or feel very warm or hot.
11. to show emotion or elation: to glow with pride.
[ bef. 1000; ME glowen (v.), OE glowan; akin to G glühen, ON gloa ]
Syn. 9. flush, blush, redden.
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012