Meaning of APPROACH in English
vt to take approaches to.
2. approach ·vi movements to gain favor; advances.
3. approach ·vi ·see approaching.
4. approach ·vi a access, or opportunity of drawing near.
5. approach ·vi the act of drawing near; a coming or advancing near.
6. approach ·vi to come or go near, in place or time; to draw nigh; to advance nearer.
7. approach ·vt to bring near; to cause to draw near; to advance.
8. approach ·add. ·noun a stroke whose object is to land the ball on the putting green. it is made with an iron club.
9. approach ·vi a way, passage, or avenue by which a place or buildings can be approached; an access.
10. approach ·vi the advanced works, trenches, or covered roads made by besiegers in their advances toward a fortress or military post.
11. approach ·vt to come near to in place, time, or character; to draw nearer to; as, to approach the city; to approach my cabin; he approached the age of manhood.
12. approach ·vi to draw near, in a figurative sense; to make advances; to approximate; as, he approaches to the character of the ablest statesman.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012