Meaning of CHARLES in English
/chahrlz/ , n.
1. ( Prince of Edinburgh and of Wales ) born 1948, heir apparent to the throne of Great Britain (son of Elizabeth II).
2. Ray ( Ray Charles Robinson ), born 1930, U.S. blues singer and pianist.
3. Cape , a cape in E Virginia, N of the entrance to the Chesapeake Bay.
4. a river in E Massachusetts, flowing between Boston and Cambridge into the Atlantic. 47 mi. (75 km) long.
5. a male given name: from a Germanic word meaning "man."
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012